Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Past Few Days...

...have been hectic, and fun. I heard back from the "Pink Palace" lady, was approved, and became a first-time apartment renter! I call it God's birthday gift to me because I'd been praying that I'd hear something by my birthday. I was (and am) very excited! God didn't have to let me hear back so quickly, but He did and I thank Him for my gift!
Yesterday we (me and Rachel) went thrift store shopping, trying to find necessary furniture and stuff at a cheap price, but not too shabby. We found two chairs for the living room, a footstool and a stacker washer and dryer (the exact size I needed for my little apartment) for very good prices! When we were asking the price about something, the worker said that we should wait until today because everything in the store would be 50% off! So, this morning I headed over there when they first opened (I didn't know that people stood in line waiting for a thrift store to open until today!) and purchased my furniture and appliance at half the price! God again provided in a way that was beyond what I expected!! Praise HIM!!
After picking them up (some guys from the office came with a big truck and loaded and delivered it), I headed to the office. It started snowing early this morning, only a little at first, and is still snowing, a lot! The city workers will be kept busy for the next several hours because it's suppose to continue snowing through tomorrow. I'm anxious to build a snowman, but it's so powdery that I couldn't even make a snowball. Plus, the neighbor's dog can get into my little back yard and he's made it his bathroom stop. Guess I won't play in the yellow snow!
Tonight I'll be cleaning my "new" furniture and trying to do some more cleaning in the apartment itself. I'll also try to take some pictures and have them posted so you can see the place God gave me for the year!

No comments: