Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catching Up With Events-Part 3

Days 14 and 15- Nov. 22,23
On Saturday the 22 we (the sisters, the other intern and myself) went to Calgary to the mall. It was a big mall, and the main thing I noticed was that many things had a slightly different spelling, closer to the French way of spelling. I saw the city at its best when we left the mall. There was lots of traffic, but the city looked so pretty with all the lights!
Sunday after church we took off to Banff, located in the Canadian Rockies. It was breathtaking! God is so visible in His creation, and it was almost as though I could hear the mountains and rivers singing praises to Him!
We also visited an old very big hotel that was built in the 1800s. We were all amazed at the size and incredible architecture. I felt like I'd stepped back in time for a bit!
Walking down the streets of Banff was pretty cool, let me tell you. There were lots of stores, of course, but it was set up tastefully, and there was a beautiful view of a mountain from the sidewalks. It almost looked like it wasn't really there! There was so much to see and we just touched the surface. I'd like to go back someday and see more, maybe even try skiing, if I wouldn't die!

No comments: