Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catching Up With Events-Part 4

Day 16-21 Nov. 24-29
The second week I was in the Canada office saw more of the same project work, and more reading and learning (though the reading slowed down considerably due to lack of time for it). On Wednesday night the TERM seminar began. It continued Saturday, with Friday and Saturday being full days. This was a real eye-opener for me! I had a look into what GoodSeed's purpose and focus is. I'm so excited to be a part of getting the resources out to believers so they can use them in their everyday evangelism! In the seminar we studied through the book By this Name, learning both as the teacher (who will teach others) and as the student. There was so much to take in that I sometimes had a hard time keeping up! The approach in the books that GoodSeed offers is so clear and simple that when it's finished one can't help but understand the story of the Bible! I can't think of words to tell just how excited I am to someday (when I've learned how to use the visual aids) teach it to others! One of the things I like the most about the resources is that it's objective, so people don't have to disagree on what it's about. I've heard and read so many stories in the short time I've been here about different denominations, and even different religions, getting together and studying through one of the books, then beginning a study in a specific book of the Bible, without anger or offense! Anyway, I don't know more to say. I really didn't know the full impact of the resources until I'd attended the TERM seminar and read and heard stories of real situations of how the books affected people. You ought to look it up.

Day 22-23- Nov. 30,31
I and 4 other girls left after the last seminar session to go to the sisters' (the ones I was staying with) parents home about 1 1/2 hours away. While there we went to the Edmonton mall, which is said to be the biggest mall in the world. I can believe it, although I'm sure I haven't been in too many very big malls. This particular one had so many levels that I couldn't really count them all, and I was definitely lost within a short amount of time! We saw a life-size ship with little submarines in the water below it, sea lions that did some pretty cool tricks, trampolines with bungies, an indoor water park with a huge variety of slides, including one that went almost straight down! I don't know how game I'd be to try that one! There was also an amusement park in part of the mall. We rode a couple of different rides before it closed. I'm sure I've forgotten several of the things that we saw that left my mouth hanging open, but I think you get the idea. It was an adventure that I'll never forget, that's for sure!

Day 24-29- Dec. 1-6
Monday the 1st was the date I was suppose to fly back to ID, but there was a web meeting scheduled for the Thursday and Friday of that week, and I stayed for it. On Tuesday through Wednesday I worked on an idea for a web article (now with a much better idea of how and what to write), and then Thursday and Friday we had web meetings all day. I found out during this time that I'm not the average yound adult living in the 21st century! Turns out that having email, facebook, and a cell phone doesn't cover everything for my age group! That's part of the reason I now have this blog! I'm still trying to process all the info from the meetings, but I did learn much, the most important thing being that I'm more sure of what I'm doing for web marketing. I'll be able to tell you in more detail after the new year, I'm sure.
On a couple of cold, early mornings we went moose hunting again, and did have success on one of those mornings. Four moose were running through the fields, enjoying their freedom and the cold! They stopped when we stopped to take pictures, so we got a few that were somewhat clear. Moose show a bit of God's sense of humor! Not only do they look kind of funny, but they run like they've no idea what they're doing! I half expected them to trip and fall over each other! Seeing that many made all of our "hunting" trips worth it.
On Tuesday evening there was a Bible study for the GoodSeed lady staff. It was great to get to know the wives and mothers of staff better. We also had some delicious sweet stuff to eat!
Thursday evening the GoodSeed staff had their Christmas party. I was so glad that I'd stayed another week so that I could go! We had a great time eating, talking, and having a traditional gift exchange. There were kids everywhere, and adults who acted like kids!
Saturday morning was my scheduled (or re-scheduled) time to fly back to ID, which I did. Thankfully it wasn't too long of a flight because I was so tired and thought I'd end up going to the wrong place if it were too long and too much thinking involved! I'll save that for my flights back to SC! When I got back I picked up my Jeep and headed back to Rachel's for sleep. I was thanking God the whole way for my Jeep! I didn't mind too much hitching a ride wherever I needed to go, but it's definitely nice to have your own way of transportation. That also meant that I could apartment shop, and visit some churches.

Last Week
Last week I had to take the stuff that I'd gathered while in Canada and try to figure out how to process and learn it. I'm still working on it! There were several things via internet that I needed in order to communicate with those in Canada, so I spent (and still am spending) time trying to get set up. This means that I also have to learn why I have these things and what their purpose is, and how it will benefit me. Hmmm... I'm sure this doesn't make sense to anyone, but as soon as I figure out what I'm doing, I'll try to let you know!
I looked at several apartments last week, made phone calls about some, and visited some that I thought would be within my price range (aka VERY cheap!). All of this was a new experience for me since where I'd been before I'd had housing provided for me, and I had some pretty funny adventures and good memories through the experience! On Tuesday evening I visited a place that seemed to be my best opportunity yet, and really liked the place. Located on the side of a house, it was originally built for an in-law, so was nice and small and had everything needed for one person. The only downer for me was that the carpet was pink. Those who know me well know I'm not the biggest fan of the color pink (although I am working on it). I did see the potential, though, and told the lady I'd get back with her. I looked at at least one other place (what an adventure!), prayed about what God wanted me to do, then called the lady about the "Pink Palace" (my new name for it). I had to wait for the credit check so didn't hear anything before the weekend.

No comments: