Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching Up With Events-Part 1


Day 1- Nov. 7
The flight out to Idaho was long, but enjoyable. By the second flight I was having a very hard time sitting! The scenery was beautiful! I love looking down from such heights and thinking about how much bigger God is! His perspective covers even more than what can be viewed from an airplane! Everything in life must be put into His hands because we're just too small to care for it! I'm glad that He's able!
I arrived in Spokane, Washington around 11:20Pm or so. The drive to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho is about 45 minutes, so by the time I got my luggage and headed out it was close to midnight. Rachel (a single girl who works with GoodSeed) and one of her friends met me at the airport. I was very tired by the time I got there because ID is 3 hours behind the East coast time. Not too bad, but it still required some adjustment. When we got to Rachel's apartment I pretty much dumped my stuff in my room and hit the bed!

Day2- Nov. 8
For being as tired as I was after the trip (which lasted nearly 12 hrs. total) I still woke around 4AM (from here on I'll be refering to West coast time so you can figure the time difference wherever you're located). This happened for the next several days. In fact, it's not over yet!
Rachel and I met Russ and Karyn Smyth (who also work with GoodSeed) for breakfast, and then had just a relaxing, slow day. I spent most of the day trying to get my stuff situated for easy access. It didn't take too long since I didn't bring much.

Day3- Nov. 9
Sunday morning we went to Coeur d'Alene Bible Church. Afterward we went to the Smyth's for lunch, then back home for a nap. In the evening some friends of Rachels came over and we talked and watched a movie. I went to bed soon after they left (still trying to catch up).

Day4- Nov. 10
Monday was my first official day in the office. Overwhelmed is the only word to describe how I was feeling that day. I did learn a lot, though. I went through an online tutorial on how to write web copy (for a specific website), and tried to understand all of the information that I had to take in! Each evening was nice and slow, which allowed me to relax and try to process what I'd been learning.

Day5- Nov. 11
Tuesday was more of the same in the office, only I got to start writing articles. I have to honestly say that, although I had a great time writing the articles, it was very difficult. I still only knew basic information about GoodSeed, and was still uncertain how to write for the web. BUT, it was a great learning experience, and God was right with me, helping me through.

Day 6- Nov. 12
Basically the same as Tuesday. Awake early, of course. Every day was rainy, so it stayed kind of dark all day. The light was completely gone by 4:30 (or earlier) every day! That was something I had never experienced before, and found that I didn't like it too well! It didn't help with the time adjustment process. I also stayed cold every day, but that's really not surprising to anyone who knows me! I'd prefer it to be at least 85!

1 comment:

Always Faith said...

Cool...sounds like a lot of fun!!!