Friday, February 20, 2009

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." -Corrie Ten Boom

And my faith has sadly been so small! Let me explain:
The study with the teens was planned last Thursday or Friday, so on Sunday I asked 2 teens if they would like to come. I really didn't think they would since I didn't think they really knew me well enough to trust me, and they really didn't show much interest...or so I thought. Later, I even used words such as "not possible; not probable; I doubt it," etc, when thinking about them coming. As it turned out, when I saw them Wednesday night, they told me that they were coming, and they were excited about it! I was really amazed, but I shouldn't have been because I'd been praying about it (as were others). When Thursday night rolled around, the 2 teens I talked to came, and brought a friend! They very obviously had a good time and are planning on coming back! God is so good, and I'm so glad that my lack of faith doesn't keep Him from accomplishing His plans!

We had 6 young people (7 counting Russ' offspring), and it was really exciting to see their desire to learn about the Bible. Most of these young people don't know much, if anything, about the Bible, and are limited in their knowledge (or understanding) of God. Continue to pray for understanding! I'm so excited to see how God will work in their hearts!

No comments: