Monday, February 2, 2009

"Before me, even as behind, God is, and all is well."-John Whittier

And this is something of which I need to daily be reminded. Why is it that when learning a new truth from God's Word I can get so excited, but when that learning is put to the test, I fail miserably, questioning God's motives and wishing the testing would go away? I'm so thankful for a God who never loses patience with me and cares enough to change me into His image. I pray that I'll pass the tests with less and less of my fleshly attitude being dominate.

Praise the Lord, I was able to get my newsletter out! My apologies to all who got it more than once! Hopefully the next time won't be quite so dramatic an event!

I woke up to more snow this morning. Not a huge pile, but more than just a dusting. It's the perfect snow for building snowmen and the like, so while I was cleaning off my Jeep before work I made a small man. He might stick around and keep me company for the next couple of months, at least. I've named him Valdemar because such a small snowman needs a big name to encourage him.

"Trials are medicines which our gracious and wise Physician prescribes because we need them; and He proportions the frequency and weight of them to what the case requires. Let us trust His skill and thank Him for His prescription."--Isaac Newton

No comments: