Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh for the desire to seek Your face always!

This is my prayer for this week (and beyond). I get so tired of my sin nature! Just when I think I'm understanding what God is teaching me, and trying to live it, I'm presented with a test--and more times than not, I fail. I'm just so glad that God is faithful in His love and forgiveness! He knows me better than I know myself, and even though correction hurts, I'm glad that He corrects me and draws me back to Himself. I feel like a child who, when the parent does something for the good of the child, turns away in hurt and frustration because it doesn't feel like it's good. If only I would always have the desire to seek God and not turn away!

I'm into a fairly busy week. I have several articles to write, most of which are on topics that I've not spent much time thinking about in the past, so I'm challenged to learn many new things, then write about them. I also have a list of questions to answer for my discipleship program. I love the thinking and understanding these questions demand, but I have to admit, it's been really difficult to focus the past couple of weeks. I've been exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally (and I'm sure much of it has related to my spiritual struggles of trying to put my thoughts into God's mind!). I'd appreciate prayer for peace and physical rest so that I can serve God to the best of my ability.

I'll be helping with a study through The Stranger book starting this Thursday evening. Russ (my boss) knows a couple of teens (one is an unbeliever) who have agreed to go through the book. I'm very excited to finally learn exactly how the GoodSeed tools are used (from personal experience), and I'm excited for the teen who does not yet believe! Pray that she'll allow the Word of God to change her heart! The study will be every Thursday evening for the next several weeks.

I played the piano at church for the worship time for the first time this past Sunday. It was great to be able to be a blessing to the believers. Of course I was nervous (not hard for some to imagine), but I pray that I will focus on serving God and others and not on my fears.

"In Your behalf my heart says, 'Seek My face.' Lord, I will seek Your face." Psalms 27:8

No comments: