Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"This minute, too, is part of eternity." -Duncan Stuart

Hmmm....well, it's been quite a while since I've even thought about updating this blog! For anyone who reads it, I apologize. Much has happened in the past few months:

May:
  • Finished up the Stranger study with the young people. They seemed to understand and enjoy the study. I pray that they truly believe and trust in the work of Jesus on the cross and His resurrection to give them new life in Him.
  • Church activities including a work day to get everything clean and fresh. Lots of fun and good fellowship!
June:
  • Finished up the outreach at the local public high school with a huge cookout (or, if you're from the west, a "barbeque"). Had a large turnout, and many who wished to have some followup.
  • House-sat for a couple in my church, taking care of their 4 cats. I was glad to have some animals to look after and play with for a while (although at one point I thought I'd lost one cat).
  • Attended my first outdoor/lake baptism! It was such a blessing to see people in the church follow the Lord in believers baptism!
July:
  • Went home to SC for two weeks to visit family and friends. Hadn't been home for the 4th of July for a long time, and it was fabulous to be a part of the "gang" again! During the time back East, I made a very quick trip to Kentucky to see my church family. It was a surprise for most since I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it, so didn't tell people I was coming.
  • Continued to play on the softball team (when I wasn't gone).
August:
  • Had a couple of extra event-filled weekends with church family. One Saturday a group of us went tubing. Ended up being a perfect day for it since the water was cool and the day was sunny and hot! Another weekend I was able to go to the church's family camp. It was a good time and I had the opportunity to read The Lamb to the kids who were there. We played games and took a rafting trip, and I felt like I didn't miss out too much in not being able to work at any camps this summer.
  • Continued to give piano lessons to three kids in the church, and have begun preparations for a recital in November. We are all excited about it, for which I'm thankful since I don't remember ever being excited about being in a recital!
  • Went to a fair for the first time with some church family! We had such a good time watching "Mutton Bustin'" (kids weighing under 60lbs got to ride sheep like the cowboys in the rodeo), the professional rodeo, seeing all of the animals on exhibit (God has created some very unique critters), riding rides (my first time on a Ferris Wheel), and eating cotton candy (the kids first time eating "fuzz").
  • Near the conclusion of a Stranger study I've been doing with a college-age girl. She's very excited about God and wants to know Him better and serve Him. We're talking over the possibility of her going to Bible school.
Also during the past few months I've been trying to do some reading and studying in order to know God more and more. The quote I have in the title of this post is something very similar to what I've heard several times in the last few weeks. What I'm doing right now has an impact in eternity. I wish I'd remember that all the time, but I often have to be reminded!

If you've never read through a chronological Bible, I'd like to suggest that you do! It will open your eyes to see that God is the center of everything! I'm just in awe of Him!

One reason why I haven't been regularly updating my blog over the past months is because God has been teaching me so many things, and much of it I can't begin to put into words yet. In the next couple of months I'll be going through yet another transition, and I've been seeking God's guidance as to where He'd like me to serve Him. One thing I know, God brought me here to learn about the tools that GoodSeed offers, and they are tools that I plan to carry with me and use wherever I am in the future! In a culture that assumes or pretends to believe in God, yet really hasn't a clue, the chronological approach is excellent! I've had opportunity to hear so many stories of how people came to truly trust Jesus after seeing the big picture of God and the history of mankind! Please consider purchasing and reading one of GoodSeed's books! It's an approach that will change your perspective on evangelism!

No comments: