Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Enter In

Over the past few weeks God has been challenging me on a new level to surrender all and enter in to His will for me. He is drawing me ever closer to Himself, and all I want to do is leave everything and run to Him. I often don't do what I want to (or maybe I really am doing what I want), but God is ever faithful, staying by me and showing me that His way is so much better!

This month has been a time of beginnings and endings. I've begun to study things on a deeper level than before. I often feel so ignorant and want to understand everything at once, but have to stop and remind myself that God is teaching me new things in His timing and I won't understand it all right now.

We finished up the Thursday night Stranger study with the young people last week. It ended well. Continue to pray that they will truly understanding what it means to believe, and that they will draw closer to their Savior.

One weekend this month I was able to see some friends from Canada who had come down for camping. I was so glad to see them again!

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, so I took off on a mini road trip. Drove through the mountains (and had deja vu, feeling like I was driving my favorite road- Rt 23) to a small, historic mining town. It reminded me of being in the mountains of Kentucky or Virginia, except the people talk quite different. I half expected some mountain drawl, and was a bit surprised when there wasn't any! I explored around the town for a while, and discovered that President Theodore Roosevelt had visited it back in the early 1900's. Still trying to figure out how he ended up there! Maybe he was lost! I also stopped to see the oldest building in Idaho- a mission built to reach the Native Americans.

On most Tuesday evenings I'm still going through The Stranger with a young lady. We've finished up the Old Testament and I'm so excited to see how things are coming together for her. She realizes that God has a reason for everything He does. So important when reading the Bible to see that God has a reason for the stories included!

It is so difficult to think of words that communicate the work God is doing in me, especially in a small space, but maybe this is a small taste. I wish that everyone would know the God I learn about every day! Nothing one desires could ever compare to Him!

No comments: