Monday, May 4, 2009

Hidden Treasure!

I can hardly believe it's May already! This month marks 6 months since I packed my bags and headed northwest to work with GoodSeed. Much has happened, yet it hardly seems possible that it's been half of a year! God has been at work in many ways, and I'm so glad I can see His hand in all things.
During the past couple of weeks (maybe longer) as I've been reading the Bible during my devotion time, I've had an incredible sense of urgency to understand what is being said. I find that if I have a question about something, I can't stop thinking about it (often can't even sleep), and beyond just finding the "right answer" I want to know everything I can about it. God hasn't failed to answer my pleas for understanding, and I've been overwhelmed sometimes by the quickness and uniqueness of the answers. In Proverbs, Solomon says that if one will seek wisdom and understanding as he seeks silver or hidden treasure, he will understand the fear of the Lord (2:4). I've been challenged to realize just what it means to seek God (even more than) as for silver or hidden treasure, and I wish that I had a sense of urgency all the time!

In the next week or so, the Stranger study with the group of teens will be finished. I've been praying for their eyes to be opened and their hearts to be turned to God. It's been such a good experience for me to be a part of the study, and I'm excited to see how God will work in each life through discovery of His Word.

My three piano students are doing well. I enjoy spending the time with the kids, and I love to see their excitement as they learn new things. There is very little that compares to the light in a child's eyes!! I'm so blessed to have them in my life!

The past couple of weeks have been the official start of the softball season. For a while I was really worried about it, even wishing I hadn't joined a team (I admit, it was pride), but after the first game, I'm very glad I get to play. I'm praying for opportunities to witness to the other teammates. Last weekend was our first "official" practice. I was pretty intimidated, and things didn't look too much better when I accidentally tipped a ball back into the catcher's nose, causing her to have quite a major nose bleed! This past weekend was our first game, and thankfully there were no major catastrophes! Should be an interesting season!

"If you seek it like silver and search for it like hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and discover the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:4-6

No comments: