Monday, January 12, 2009

Too Much Information To Have a Specific Title

I did get to go home for Christmas! God worked it out so that I only had a few hours delay. Some people had been in the airports for up to 4 days! Most of the flights were only an hour or so delayed. The last flight was quite a bit more than that due to plane problems, then weather conditions. Of course I was pretty anxious by that flight because I could almost smell home! What was suppose to be a 12 or so hour trip turned out being 16 hours. Not too bad!

I had a great time with family during the holidays. We talked, played, watched movies (MFL!), and much more. It was so nice to be in warmer weather, too. One day got up to 76! I made a trip to KY to see some people and retrieve my stuff from storage (to take back to SC). Lydia went with me and we had a great trip up and a good time there. I was glad she was able to go because she does a good job sorting through stuff at a quick pace. I'm not that way. Even though I got rid of a lot we still had to rent a U-Haul trailer to get it all back. We made it as far as Pound, VA, before we broke down. The engine on the truck we were driving completely gave out. We made a few calls and ended up staying the night with some friends who lived nearby. God provided in amazing ways, that's for sure! We had to rent a U-Haul truck to go the rest of the way to SC, so it took some time to get it and switch everything over. We left the next morning, and although we both like traveling, we were very glad to be home. Driving a vehicle that large was a new experience for both of us. And neither of us had driven with a trailer on the back, either! New experiences are almost always fun.

The trip back to Idaho was pretty uneventful. I didn't think it would be after the start. As I went through security at the Greenville/Spartanburg airport the security got a call and turned to ask passengers names. Since it was only me and one other guy going through just then, I got a little nervous. Not that I had anything to hide, I just didn't know what was going on. In the end, I was okay to go, but the cops took the guy off somewhere. After all the adventures over the past couple of weeks, I'll be okay for some downtime for a while. At least until tomorrow!

Since I've been back I've been given some "homework", which includes writing articles for the web (not GoodSeed's site), research and writing for my intership discipleship. I'll definitely be getting experience in writing. I just pray that I'll do it well. Don't judge by this blog. This is me being sloppy after concentrating hard on everything else. It would take too long if I thought through everything. I'm hoping that correct writing will become second nature and I won't have to think so hard!

The weather has been much warmer since I've been back. The snow has even melted off the roads and the markings can now be seen! Now people can just drive crazy without an excuse. I'm very happy for the warmer weather, and I'm really hoping it doesn't get really cold and snow again this year, but I think I probably have false hope. Oh well...

"Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus, because the Spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death."- Romans 8:1

No comments: