Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's New In the News?

I can't believe how quickly time goes! It seems like just the other day I was updating this blog! Well, here's the new news

Office: I've been working on re-writing the articles I've already written. There are at least two different sites that GS wants to post articles on, and in order for me to have the "same" articles on both, the articles have to be at least 30% different. Some are fairly easy to re-write (or spin-off); others, not so much. I do enjoy this part of writing, though, because it forces development in a new area.
Church: This past Sunday began new studies in both Sunday school and church. In Sunday school we're studying through the Fundamentals of the Faith. Excellent study and so important!! In church we began studying through the Gospel of Luke. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm still playing the piano for the morning service, and am so thankful for the opportunity to serve. I pray that I'll never take the gift God has given me for granted, or use it for other than His glory.
Ministry: Thursday night we continue to have a Bible study with a group of 7 teens. Last week we had to cancel since most weren't going to be there, but they've all been coming faithfully, and of their own choices. I continually pray for their understanding as we work through the Bible, and pray for their salvation. All of them have some serious issues contending for their attention. Aside from that study, there's a possibility of beginning one-on-one discipleship with a 16 year old girl. I've spent a little time with her, and she's shown interest in a study, but as yet hasn't committed to anything. I pray that if God wouldn't have me disciple her, He would provide someone else to help her grow in her walk with Him. There are other possible opportunities for studies, and I pray that God will give wisdom in decisions. I had one unique opportunity to help a girl with a writing assignment this week, and may be able to do it again. That's certainly something new and different for me!
Other: I continue to teach piano. The girls are learning quickly and I'm beginning to think about a (dreaded) recital for them!
God has been teaching me so much through personal study, and I'm overwhelmed by His goodness! As I work through questions for my discipleship course, I've been praying for deeper discovery of God, and then that I'll be able to understand all the new things He's showing me! I'm really excited about some new material that I've been given to study--that of Biblical approach to counseling. This is something extra that I've been wanting to study for a while, but didn't have the resources. God is so good in His provision to help me understand Him and His Word more!
The weather for the first of spring was lovely, and then the temperatures dropped and snow came again. I'm really looking forward to the warm weather! Last week I went to the park after work and played some basketball, then played a few pick-up games at the park with a friend. I'm thankful for any opportunity to release some energy! The mountains are screaming at me to be hiked, so I think I'll have to go one of these warmer days!

No comments: